Avincis is Europe’s leading and largest Aerial Emergency Services operator. The Company provides critical aviation services to the civil sector to save lives and protect communities and the environment.
Our Focus Areas
Avincis provides Aerial Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Aerial Search and Rescue operations (SAR) and Aerial Firefighting missions (AFF).
Furthermore, Avincis is at the forefront of UAV (unmanned aerial vehicles) technology for emergency services and is a natural ESG organisation with a strong commitment to sustainable aviation.
Where we operate
Avincis operates at a global level, with home territories in Spain, Italy, Norway, Sweden, Portugal and Finland, and with operations in Chile and Mozambique.
We work in full compliance with global and local regulations, operating to rigorous safety standards, and providing operational excellence and efficiency.
Our Fleet & Teams
Avincis counts on a team of more than 2,400 courageous and talented professionals, including highly experienced pilots, crews and technicians who fly and maintain a fleet of more than 200 aircraft and with a strong reputation for supporting our communities and who are always there whenever you need us.
We have a long history providing emergency air services at an international level. We have previously operated under different commercial brands, but from March 2023, we are now owned by Ancala. What defines the heritage of our organisation are the principles that every day drive our actions. The experience, the courage, and the determination to save lives and protect our communities. There whenever you need us.
- CEO of Babcock Aviation (2020 – 2023)
- Several senior general management roles at Babcock, including Military Aviation and Asset Management, from 2011
- With a strong finance background including Sector FD at VT Group
- 25 years of international experience including North America and Europe
- Babcock Aviation Divisional Finance Director (2020 – 2023)
- Senior finance leadership roles at Babcock since 2011, including:
- Nuclear Divisional Finance Director (2017-2020)
- Cavendish Nuclear Finance Director (2011-2017)
- Board Member of several Nuclear and Aviation Joint Ventures (2013-2023)
- COO of Babcock Aviation (2021 - 2023)
- Babcock Southern Europe Managing Director
- Management roles at Babcock since 2010, including:
- Europe Managing Director (2019-2021)
- Europe Military Managing Director (2017-2019)
- Captain for Alitalia and Civil Firefighting
- Part of the Italian Air Force for over 20 years (pilot during the Gulf War and examining instructor)
- Babcock General Counsel Aviation (2017- 2023)
- Has been with the business through INAER, Avincis and Babcock since 2009, with roles including:
- General Counsel Babcock Mission Critical Services (since 2014)
- Group General Counsel and Company Secretary Avincis (2012-2014)
- General Counsel INAER (2009-2012)
- Babcock Iberia Chief Executive Officer (2016 – 2023)
- Several senior management roles at AFRY including President of International Services (2000-2016)
- Babcock Chief Executive Officer Italy (2018 - 2023)
- Babcock Business Development Director (2015-2018)
- Managing Director of Survitec Group Italian operation (2012-2014)
- Worked with a number of other organisations including Serco, Rhea System and Telespazio
- Babcock Nordics Chief Executive Office (2021-2023)
- Management roles at Babcock since 2010 including:
- European Operations Support Director (2020-2021)
- International Aviation Major Bid Director (2018-2021)
- Previously, MD for a UK outsourcing consultancy